Thursday, January 01, 2009

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

The first thing that assaults you when you arrive in Ho Chi Minh are the distinctly accented alphabets of the signs around.

It was a pleasant ride going to HCM despite the 12 hours. Needless to say I was deadbeat when we arrived.

I was supposed to stay in this hotel recommended by a friend but when I arrived there there's no available single room.

The cheap that I am I decided to look for another hotel coz I don't want to pay for a double room. Money saved is still money earned for shopping. Hehehe.

There's KFC in all corners. Or maybe it's just me.

If in Phnom Penh you get a river of motorbikes, in HCM you get a sea of them.

I was relaxed in HCM with no expectation whatsoever with the trip.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Don,

Can I have your email contact?
Im Agnes, Curator from Singapore
and I am interested in dicussing some exhibitions that might be of some interest to you.

Im a friend of Eric Raisina and I co-own a concept shop( garden of desire) in Siem reap and I have eric's creation in the shop.

hope to hear from you.

cheers,
agnes
gardenofdesire@ymail.com