Thursday, January 01, 2009

The requisite tourist spots...

It's so cliche I know like this propaganda poster you see all around. But once you're there you can't help but be drawn to all these cliches.

The post office

Notre Dame Cathedral.

It's a shame the church was closed. :(

Ben Thanh market. Sounds like Ben Ten, no?

Filled to the brim with cheap looking imitation stuff, Vietnamese lacquer and carved stuff and wonderful, beaded numbers. Louis Claparols, isdatchu? :)

Saigon Square. A wasteland of export overruns (or so they claimed). My friend Olive bought some nice bags there for her inaanaks.

Tax. We looked for Freedom's Thomas and friends train here. We went back to Lotte Mall and found it there.

I checked out other stores and little boutiques along the way but my phone got crazy and I wasn't able to take pictures. I still love shopping in Bangkok, though.

4 comments:

Miyu said...

Thanks for the pics of HCM...hope you had good travels!

Miyu said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Miyu said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
fuchsiaboy said...

i had good travels this year. :)