Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Norwegian Delight

Back at one of my fave resto in Bangkok, Another Hound Cafe, at Siam Paragon.

A lot of chica people. A few tables near us, a lady with her two kids had just shopped to death. The mother was wearing something from Lanvin and carried a Marni bag. One of her kids was wearing a Comme des Garcons PLAY shirt, recognizable by the signature heart logo with eyes.

They had a Norwegian festival and I'm a big pink salmon lover. There was a time in the hotel when I would eat it everyday. So I'm quite excited to taste a sampling of their special menu. For starters I wanted to try a version of the Thai ceviches or kinilaw. A side vegetable crudites is a nice touch which I always find lovely when I dine in some resto here in Siem Reap or Bangkok. There's a Laosian version of the kinilaw, too, with chopped lemograss, ginger, onion and herbs mixed with vinegar and raw shredded fish. The salmon version seems like sashimi.

I also ordered the salmon springroll. It's a nice dish and something I plan to copy for some party at home.

This is my main and it's a wonderful composition of green mango salad with rice noodles paired with breaded fried salmon cubes scented with chopped lemongrass and garlic. You can dip it in a lemon-y sauce with cilantro, basil and garlic. Superb!

No comments: