Monday, January 25, 2010

Issey Miyake

When I was in highschool I used to create my own 'pleated' ala Issey Miyake top by soaking my old uniform in rubbing alcohol, crumple tying it and ironing to set the wrinkles. Of course, I didn't know anything about pleating machines and all those technical stuff. There was one season when Issey Miyake did those plastic-y pleated organza pieces. I thought it was genius! So, I collected those thin orange plastics to wrap ponkan (my mom loves to eat ponkan) and ironed them directly on my old shirts. It stuck on the fabric, of course! I just laugh remembering those 'experimental' years.

Here's moi wearing the Issey Miyake top I found in Bangkok. I can't wait to go back to that shop where I got this. I still have a discount card to burn there.

The top is made of this lace-y material. Very kokur, very curtain-like, actually. The color was then printed on the white fabric which made the creases. Hence, you get the feather like effect made by areas without the orange ink.

A very summer look for moi.

2 comments:

toxic disco boy said...

ayyy parang gusto ko gawin rin yong ponkan things. haha.

oh my your arms!!! payat. taray!

fuchsiaboy said...

sa angle lang yan siguro lol! i still feel soooo FAT!